National politics reporter
OZY [August 2015 - PRESENT]
- Spearheaded 2016 presidential campaign trail and 2018 election coverage
- Scooped national news outlets on profiles of major politicos (Candace Owens, Stacey Abrams, Deb Haaland, Ben Jealous, Jim Justice, Jim Bridenstine, etc.)
- Delivered live analysis for MSNBC, HLN, Fox 5, Sirius XM, Cheddar and other television and radio outlets as an expert commentator
- Recruited and managed Middle Eastern correspondents for global series
- Reported on-the-ground from 48 states and five continents
LEAD REPORTER, Creator, STATES OF THE NATION
OZY [JANUARy 2017 - JANUARY 2018]
- Pitched, photographed and produced more than 200 articles while traveling to 137 cities and spending a week each in 43 states for year-long reporting project
- Secured exclusive interviews with dozens of U.S. senators, governors and congressmen
- Crafted multimedia packages, including podcasts and video, while reporting on-air
- Wrote both deadline coverage and immersive, long-form narratives
- Proposed sponsorship opportunities and partnership plans while managing project budget.
sydney, australia [january 2015 - july 2015]
- Featured on Huffington Post, Bleacher Report’s Longform vertical, OZY and others
- Profiled corrupt politicians, rising rugby stars, emerging actors and travel destinations
State & Government Reporter
Atlanta Journal Constitution [june 2014 - december 2014]
- Produced more than 100 bylines, nine front-page articles and multiple metro and business fronts
- Contributed horse-race and feature pieces on 2014 Senate and Governor races
- Led coverage of Libertarian Party and medical marijuana legalization efforts
- Created Google Fusion Maps, infographics, audio and in-depth videos for MyAJC.com
the baltimore sun [september 2013 - december, 2013]
- Published more than 60 articles, including front page, sports and business front pieces
- Built an interactive database of Baltimore charity races with three years of IRS data
st. augustine record [june 2013 - september 2013]
- Launched an investigative series exposing inadequate local meth lab disclosure laws
Editor in Chief, Sports Editor, Staff Writer
the red & black newspaper [april 2011 - may 2013]
Editor in Chief (Dec. 2012 - May 2013):
The Red & Black’s top student staff member in the newsroom. Responsible for the tone of the newspaper, as well as the direction of the news, sports, variety, photo, copy and opinions desks. The guiding spirit of the editorial staff, the editor in chief is The Red & Black’s ambassador to the University of Georgia community.
Sports Editor (May 2012 - Dec. 2012):
Managed/edited staff of 18 reporters. I covered BB&T Atlanta Open and NCAA Tennis Championships in Athens. Wrote articles on every UGA sport as an editor.
Tennis beat writer (March 2011 - May 2012): Covered UGA tennis team which finished No. 2 in the country, and had freelance work published by the Durham Herald-Sun and the Columbus Dispatch.
Football beat writer (September 2011 - January 2012): Covered the SEC Championship game. Was responsible for covering practices daily, providing notebooks and injury updates, writing player features and covering games.
Other sports coverage: In some capacity have covered volleyball, golf, soccer, women's tennis, basketball and swimming.
Variety/News Writing: Video Game Review, Poetry Review, Charity event coverage, Sports Business.